ACCM will soon be holding a special version of its Christian Leadership course, which includes a three-day seminar to be held in Dallas on December 10 through 12, 2015. The seminar, along with the rest of the course, will be team-taught by Greg Williams (director of US Church Administration and Development) and Charles Fleming (missions director for the Caribbean). The course, which spans 10 weeks including assignments prior to the seminar, ends January 15, 2016.
The full title of the course, Christian Leadership: Foundational Perspectives, Principles and Practices for Lifelong Growth as a Leader, pretty well sums up its focus and content: challenging students to adopt a life-long perspective on leadership, including a commitment to lifelong learning. As fellow life-long learners, Greg and Charles will help each student reflect on key foundational elements that can contribute to their growth as leaders across a lifetime.
The following questions will be addressed in the course:
- As Christ followers living in a world of radical, adaptive change, what are the perspectives we need to have?
- In what ways do our imaginations need to be re-framed for effective engagement with an increasingly secular world?
- What principles and practices can help us cultivate the conditions for people to encounter Christ in transformative ways?
- What formational practices do we need to make a part of our personal life routines if we are to avoid burn-out and, instead, live a life of kingdom-flourishing?
Students should plan to arrive in Dallas for the course seminar by the evening of December 9 (we’ll have dinner together), ready to go early December 10. The seminar will continue through late afternoon December 12. To prepare for the seminar, students will need to read two books and bring to the seminar a short written review of each one.
To register and arrange for lodging, follow this two-step process:
- To register and get our conference package rate, please go to http://www.ambascol.org and register for the Christian Leadership course. The registration cost is $150.
- To make a reservation at the hotel, go to https://www.gci.org/go/ACCM15TX. The Seminar will be held at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas, DFW Airport South, 4650 West Airport Freeway, Irving, Texas 75062, USA; TEL: 1-972-790-0093. Hotel registration includes one bedroom suite, breakfast each day, meeting materials, assigned reading and handouts, lunch each day and snacks and drinks each evening during the manager’s reception.
Once you complete this two-step process, Charles Fleming, will send you information concerning the books that will need to be read and write about prior to attending the the seminar. If you do not receive a confirmation email message after registering please call 800-574-2299.