We were saddened to learn of the recent death of Paul Brice Smith, Assistant Pastor of GCI’s congregation in Big Sandy, Texas.
Born in 1927, Paul enrolled in Ambassador College in 1949, and married Freia A. Friddle in 1954 (they would have celebrated 63 years of marriage next month). Paul taught for many years at Imperial School in Big Sandy, and public school in Gilmer, Texas. He also worked for a time in WCG’s Pasadena radio studio.
A long-time elder in WCG/GCI, Paul served for the last several years as Assistant Pastor in the Big Sandy, TX, congregation where he was also a member of the Church Board and a leader and mentor to the Silver Ambassadors group. For many years, Paul and Freia had a special ministry to the senior citizens of the church.
Paul is survived by his wife Freia, three children and four grandchildren.
Cards and letters may be sent to:
Mrs. Freia A. Smith
PO Box 295
Big Sandy, TX 75755-0295
6 thoughts on “Death of Paul B. Smith”
Our condolences, love and prayers are with the entire Smith family. With wonderful memories of a truly humble and gifted servant, Ross and Tammy.
Thank you for the wonderful memories that the pictures bring back to mind. Many years of happy relationship since their wedding in 1954. I printed them both. I love you and hope to attend Paul’s memorial service.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the entire family. Paul is now with the Lord along with many other luminaries of the Christian faith. Although our physical existence is limited we apprehend in confidence the Resurrection in the realization that our true life is sure and secure in the hands of our Savior.
Santiago and Elke
We are so sorry to hear of your loss. May God, through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, keep you and your family snuggled in His all loving and compassionate arms during this time – and always.
Grace Covenant Fellowship
I had a chance to serve under Paul as a student teacher in Big Sandy in 1968-69 & relish the memories as well as his sterling example.
Here is some additional information about Paul provided by Jim Friddle:
– A Memorial Service for Paul will be conducted on April 29 at 10:30 AM in Big Sandy, TX.
– Herman Hoeh officiated Paul’s marriage to Freia Friddle in Dr. Lisman’s home on April 19, 1954.
– Paul graduated from Ambassador College with the class of 1954. Norman and Charlene Smith are the only graduates of that class still alive.
– Paul was ordained an elder on October 1, 1979, serving as assistant pastor of the Big Sandy congregation.
– Several from Paul’s extended family plan to attend Paul’s Memorial Service including Mike Feazell (Paul’s nephew), and various members of the Friddle and Blackwell families.
Comments are closed.